Summer, where are you? I am waiting! As I wait, I caught up with Tweety from Young Hip and Chic a few weeks ago. And I dished on transforming your basic white t-shirt into a stylish and effortless look. Check it out http://linkqlo.com/basic-badass-style-favorite-white-t-shirt/ . In my book The Playbook to Essential Style I discuss the T-shirt and identify it as one of your Must have Essential staple pieces. The beauty of such a simple garment is that it can be paired with anything! And it doesn’t have to be white although, white creates a fresh crisp look. The t-shirt is the perfect summer essential, why you ask? It’s simple and classic and offers maximum versatility for every look form day to night, from office to a date night.
So, here are a few items to transform your t-shirt and proves it’s a great summer essential.
- A Printed Shoe – With a bold or vibrant print this will turn your t-shirt up a notch and creative balance
- Multiple strings of pearls paired with a pencil or body con skirt – this look is chic and simple. Try a pair of Chuck Taylor for a day look.
- A full length maxi skirt, this a great vacation looks with a fedora hat.
- A full flare chiffon skirt with white top is simple and doesn’t distract from the soft beauty of the skirt
- Denim shorts or jeans is an American classic. Throw on necklaces with beads or a hoop and you’re ready to hit the floor running.And let’s not forget the t-shirts are light in weight and fold very small when traveling. Find one or two you love and buy them in various colors and I promise you will look stunning, classic and stylish.
Keep it Simple!